Heat Pump Water Heaters (HPWH) aren’t just great for energy savings, they’re also fantastic for your wallet!
Here are our top five reasons to choose a HPWH:
- Water heaters can account for up to a third of a home’s utility bill, you‘ll be happy to know that HPWHs can reduce energy consumption and operating costs by up to 50% compared to standard electric water heaters.
According to EnergyStar.Gov, high-efficiency water heaters use 10 to 50 percent less energy than standard models.
- Tired of running out of hot water? According to the New Buildings Institute, HPWHs achieve more hot water delivery capacity than standard electric resistance tanks and do so two-to-four times more efficiently than electric resistance or standard gas water heaters.
- Not impressed by performance only? Let money do the talking! Because HPWHs are increasingly popular, special incentives, rebates, and tax credits are available in most states.
- You can’t beat a heat pump water heater if you’re building a new home. In addition to incentives, they usually have a minimum 10-year warranty and are installed faster than gas water heaters because they don’t require expensive gas infrastructure!
- Finally, whether you are a property owner or installer, HPWHs have major appeal. Digital touchscreens and smartphone apps let customers remotely control temperatures, monitor performance, detect leaks, and even activate “vacation” mode. HPWHs enable installers to expand their markets by offering improved water-heating efficiency, removing on-site gas combustion, reducing carbon emissions, and providing customers with energy management features.
For all the benefits we just discussed and more, choose a heat pump water heater that is ENERGY STAR® qualified for high-efficiency performance.